Ada Tolentino Bernal

Tall, svelte and lovely. That is my classmate Ada. Today,  I call her Ads. I didn't realize  up until a few days ago that  Ada did not have her own post in this blog.. whew! How could I have missed that?  Terribly sorry for that Ads. But..

In the beginning when we were in grade 4,  I was a student transferee. That was 1964. Ada  became a classmate and became a friend. How could I forget her? She lives near our school and we used to drop by her place for quick snacks. By we, I mean Cresencia 'Cris' Cachero and Emma Gironella,  I believe.  Ada and Cris  lived a step away from our  school; (9th Avenue);  so during breaks and after school ,  we were either at  Cresencia's house, or Ada's place doing our youthful chit chats. Sometimes our feet also took us to a not so far away  house (8th Avenue), at Emma's. Those were the days - -  girlhood wonders.  

And so we all went through the same transitions,  only to find ourselves with,  surprise of all surprises,  each other after more than 40 years -both as alumni of  RMCHS. I was blown away!  From grade school, we both didn't realize perhaps , that we were going to the same  high school, she was busy making and being with her own set of friends and classmates and so was I.

With optimism, I can see us sitting down together,  remembering  all those young, innocent days, reminiscing with fondness memories only us and our group shared. And  sure, we are getting there.. one of these days..



Lovelier today

With family

Popular posts from this blog

Reuel Aguila

Rolando Mendoza