Another Precious Find: Classmate Benigno Villanueva

Here's an email which temporarily coated my evening with nostalgic joy! Kasi ang daming classmates humahanap sa kanya and now nakita na natin sya .. and yes, this email was sent 3 days ago which I read just now...

"Dear Marilou,
Benigno now Ninoy Villanueva with Family, YEY!
Thank you for creating and managing the RMCHS1970 blog! The class pictures help me remember most of my classmates and batchmates. Caption under Class IV-1 "Where is Benigno Villanueva? ...absent during class picture taking?". I am, before reviewing the class pictures, in the same shoes confuse who were my classmates and batchmates. It does not matter now. At any rate I belonged to section 2 since second year I think, but I usually joined section 1 gigs (I cannot forget Jing's place as well). Section 2 has three doctors, Jethro Larita (orthopedics), Ernesto Cadorna (an internist in Kansas), and myself (diagnostic radiologist, Philippines).

Just to inform the batch 1970 members, particularly section 2 classmates, to know that Odon Morillo passed away due advanced liver cancer (I was there who did biopsy him).From our classmate bonding (not doctor-patient) Odon M (after being incarcerated during Martial Law) finished his AB Political Science at UP Diliman, handled a teaching job at PUP for a while, married with two sons, and most of the time worked with NGOs involved in microfinancing for farmers in the far-flung rural areas of the Visayas. Probable he got infected with Hepatitis B while in this rural work, increasing his change of developing liver cancer.

Attached is our family picture taken last Christmas (in the picture are my wife Loida, son Miguel Benigno, daughter Aisa and me; my eldest son is currently in NY, hindi lumipad dahil mahal and airfare).

Again, regards to all my classmates and batchmates. I am fond of remembering Vixi Abat, Oscar Lopez, Lex Parayno, Melchor Salantes, Mon Punzalan, Dave Juco and Divina Llamas, Aida Tolentino, Emma Geronilla...

While looking at the old class pictures, as if high school years just happened yesteryear. Nostalgic feeling. I hope I can join our batchmates and classmates physically, but likely it would be during our preparation for golden anniversary.

More power and success to all RMCHS batch 1970!

Its me,
Benigno (bka Villanueva during high school, became Ninoy during college and remains)."


I of course informed NiNoy about our reunion.. sana makarating sya.

Popular posts from this blog

Reuel Aguila

Rolando Mendoza