Classmates, Re-Introducing Samuel (Sam) Movido

"Samuel" as I always remembered, is now known as Sam. He  had been a classmate from the elementary grades and was one of  the very intelligent ones too. I recall him to be very good in Mathematics and English. I remember him to be the quite type,  but always smart and ready  when teachers called him during recitations. :-)

Sam  had been one of the very first I found via the web; I think through another elementary school classmate who  will not be familiar to most of you, since he went to another high school. And that's  Charles Giere.
Sam and Wife Anna

It was a time warpy type of kind of experience when I also discovered  that Sam's wife was  a classmate in UP;  Anna Quizon. So it was really a double whammy as they say :-) Maybe I should also post something separate for Anna to reminisce AS classroom days. Yes. I will do that :-)

Very recently, after I made the request, Sam provided a brief  update on what's been going on with him and the family all these years. So here goes:

Sam 

  • Graduated in 1976 with a BSECE degree at the University of the East. Worked at PLDT in Makati as a Microwave Radio Design Engineer from 1976 to 1980 just before moving to the US.
His  Family
  • Migrated to the US in 1980
  • Got married in Chicago, IL in 1980 to the former Anna Quizon
  • Have two boys, Tim who is now 28 and engaged and Michael, 22 who just graduated from Marquette University and is now working as a Media Associate at Starcom in downtown Chicago
Held Challenging  Jobs and
Sam Today I believe
  • Worked as a Sales Engineer in the Telecommunications field for a number of years (about 25). Some of the companies I worked for were: Exxon Communications, Standard Oil Company,  Alcatel, Nortel
  • Travelled extensively on business all over North and South America. Travelled one time to the Phillipines on business to give a sales presentation to the SVP of PLDT. Also was a guest speaker at the Rotary Club of Mandaluyong in 1997 to talk about “Emerging Technologies”.
  • Currently working at Hewlett Packard, Inc. as a Business Consultant
All I can say is I am very proud to have shared classrooms with Sam.

Thank you Sam for this snippet.

Popular posts from this blog

Reuel Aguila

Rolando Mendoza