Finding Lito M

Lito M looks very diffferent from before, doesn't he? He looks more gorgeous now, happy, contented. Look at those sparkling eyes and those cheery smiles from the family members. (I had to enlarge this photo kaya medyo blurry but still good.)




"Here's a picture of my family. Sarah our eldest, is on her second masteral degree; Paolo is taking his masters in architecture while Philip the youngest is in grade 5".

The first time I  contacted  Lito, I asked  him if he became a priest. And I share with you classmates, his response:

"Actually I lasted only one year in the seminary. I felt it was not really my calling. Went back to UP and graduated only in 1980. In between student years, I was involved in the first youth exchange program between Canada and Phil. as a participant/group leader in 1974 - 1975. Worked with the government from 1977 to 1989 in the field of development planning, land-use regulations as well as project implementation. Work entailed travelling all over the country so I only enrolled whenever I would be in QC/Manila. I am now here in Canada the last 15 years. Have 3 kids - Sarah, Paolo and Philip. Married to Sonia, a registered nurse.

Never thought that I will have the opportunity to reconnect although in the back of my mind I have been thinking what has happened all these years".

Lito remembers the times when Jojo(Jim) Per and he  would go to Divin L place in Kamias. They would try  to avoid the neigborhood "thugs" (my term) who would be after them.

And there were also  times they would go to Jing Val's place to listen to the new Beatles record, like  Abbey Road.

Aha another Beatles fanatic.

So refreshing to hear these life snippets. It allows all of us to visit those times again; back  when we were young, without any serious cares at all and then reflect at how far that seems and yet feel  like it just happened yesterday :-)

I can go on forever documenting each class or batchmate anecdote. Doing this makes me earn "youth points."
The happy thoughts remembering things past, makes me nostalgic... and hopeful that one day, maybe one day, we will all meet each other again...

Popular posts from this blog

Reuel Aguila

Rolando Mendoza